Recommendations for San Francisco Bay Area Peninsula Home Sale Preparation from Kleebauer Properties
Specializing in Millbrae, Burlingame, Hillsborough, San Mateo, Foster City, Belmont, San Carlos, Redwood City, Menlo Park and Surrounding Communities
Kleebauer Properties’ realtors will help you get what you want when you sell your home – fast sale at the best price. As specialists in the Bay Area Peninsula real estate market, we know what it takes to help you achieve your goals.
Below is a check list of things to consider when you are planning to place your home on the market. Fully preparing your home for sale can make a considerable difference in how buyers view your home and how long it takes to sell it.
- Spruce up your garden and lawn; trim shrubbery and replace dead plants.
- Yard and patio should be neat; outdoor furniture should be clean and in good shape.
- Clean or paint your front door – remember first impressions last the longest.
- Manicure your front yard; make sure your driveway and entryway are free of clutter.
- Check that house numbers, mailbox, and exterior lighting are all in good condition.
- Touch up with fresh paint as needed.
- Inspect chimney for cracks or earthquake damage.
- Repair loose trim, drain pipes, and fencing.
- Clean stains and window screens.
- Remove clutter and tidy up the shelves.
- Clean the floor.
- Apply fresh paint as needed… think about brightening your interiors with neutral-toned paint.
- Clean draperies and carpets.
- Replace burnt out light bulbs.
- Clean the fireplace and remove smoke stains from the wall and mantle.